Monday, December 7, 2009

Random Lainey Stories

Lainey amazes me each and everyday. I've loved every part of being a mom, but so far 18 months+ is my favorite age. She is a little sponge and absorbs so much of what we say and tell her. It's a good thing Ryan and I are careful about what we say....most days ;) For example, I spilled my water the other day and said, "Oh, shhhhhhoooot," drawing out the shhhh because I was close to letting the other word slip out with Lainey standing right there. She looks at me and says, "Mommy Shhhhooot." She went over get a towel and helped me clean up my mess :)

I wear contacts and she has watched me put them before, but it was at least a few weeks ago. Saturday I was rinsing my contacts and she comes up and says "tacts, tacts." I said "Oh, contacts?" She looks at me and says "Yep!" Right after that she says, "gasses." I said, "Oh, mommy is wearing contacts instead of glasses?" She said, "Yep!" I was amazed that she was able to correlate glasses and contacts together!

I'll write more later..

Here she's running up to the camera yelling "Cheeeese!!!" even though it looks nothing like that.

No comments: